I am no so good at the step by step picture taking, but I will post the pictures I have and give a basic outline of how to do this.
Step one: Gather materials; Styrofoam wreath(got mine at a craft store for 4 bucks), Lima beans(walmart has them for 1.50) Duct tape (SOOOOO important!) Glossy spray paint, and I got a letter "B" to hang in the middle but that's not necessary.
Step two: Start glue-gunnin'! This part take forever. I did my beans at an angle and it did take a lot of time, and I burned myself a lot but it was worth it.
Okay I Have to note here. There is an important step that I ignored. Before you glue your beans, you should duct tape your wreath.
I didnt, and I finished my wreath completely and as I went to hang it I dropped it and it broke into four pieces.
So Duct tape then glue beans!
in the end your wreath will look something like this:
After I finished gluing the beans I had to wait till Sunday to spray paint the wreath. Randy (always looking out for my well being) wouldnt let me spray paint in the aprtment, so I had to wait till it was warm enough to do it outside on the deck. While I waited for that I did our "B". As many of you know, I am a polka-dot girl! I love love LOVE polka-dots! Randy is so smart and handy to have around; he suggested instead of just doing our "B" in plain black we make it our own and put polka-dots on it. I found the "B" at the craft store already painted white. So we picked up some labeling stickers and put them all over the "B" so when I painted it black the dots would already be there!
I painted, and then let it dry, after that I pulled off the stickers. The paint got under a few of them so I had to touch up with white paint but it turned out really cute.
Then I put the two together, tied them up with cute green ribbon and hung it on our door! Man it was a lot of work, and I know I made it harder then it needed to be, I always do, but I am so happy with the outcome! Look at crafty little old me!
5 comments:
aww misty! :) i love your wreath! its so cute! miss you!
Its all because of you Hailey! I miss you too! we need to get together!
misty you're so cute and crafty! i love your wreath. i can't wait for you to go to disney world!
It makes me happy coming home to it each day and I'm very proud of my dot idea! Love ya babe
You're very crafty and it looks darling. Great idea. Love you.
Post a Comment