April 18, 2011

Im a late bloomer


Its almost May! And with the start of May comes the Graduation of many students. This year many of my friends are graduating; I couldn't be more excited for them. They are all going to move on and do amazing things. However I would be lying if I said that with their graduating I feel like a little bit of a failure.
See, I am one of the oldest of all my friends from high school and collage and yet I am no where close to graduating. I blame this on a few different things. Number one problem is, myself. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to school I cant make my mind up as to what I want to major in nor can I decide what school I want to go to. This was a problem right from the start.
I started school up at BYU-Idaho in the fall of 2007 I was accepted on the summer fall track which means I went to school from September- December and then I had my "break" and went back to school from April-July. During my break I decided I didn't want to be at BYUI so I applied at SUU for the fall of 2008. I was there only for a semester, a semester that I grew and learned so many things. I will always have fond memories of Cedar and my many adventures with Jen and Carl. At the end of 2008 I moved back home with no clue where I was going to go to school I started working and then decided I would apply for BYUI again, I was hopping I could get in on the summer semester, but yet again my quest for a higher education was delayed. I was accepted to BYUI on the winter/summer track. This actually was a good thing since during the summer I met Randy and fell in love with my best friend. Time flew by and before I knew it January 2010 came and I was up at school. I made the best out of the semester and returned home thinking that Randy and I would move up there the next January once he graduated from SLCC. The plan was that both of us would finish at BYUI; but, we had good jobs, family, friends and a life here in Utah. So, we stayed. I applied to the U but they didn't take a lot of my BYUI credits; I am now at SLCC trying to make up credits and get into the U.
That is my college story.Its kind of confusing, I know. I met with a advisor today and I now have a plan. I will be at the U in January and hopefully I will be able to get through school more quickly. Things will work out, I have have to keep telling myself that and not get discouraged.It doesn't matter WHEN I graduate, only that I DO graduate. I am moving at my own pace and it works for me; I have accomplished a lot in the last four years of my life, and I am proud of that.

No comments: