I turned 22 this last Tuesday. I know that its not old, but I started thinking about my life so far. If I died today would I be proud of the things I accomplished with my short time on this earth. So I sat down and started making a list of the things I have done in 22 years. Its not a very long list, there are things on there like my first kiss, graduating from high school, moving away from home, and of course finding Randy and getting married in the temple. These things were all in their own way's monumental to me; some more than others. I am grateful for all of the many blessings and opportunities I have been given in this life.
I have decided though that with my next 22 years of life I will do even more with my life. I made a list of things I want to accomplish and or see before I turn 44. Some of the items on my list might not make sense to some; but they all mean something to me. I want to share my list with you in hopes that it will inspire others to make their own list.
(These are in no particular order)
-Graduate from collage
-Become a mom
-own a home
-Watch a live birth
-Visit all 50 states
-Be in Times Square on New Years
-Run a marathon
-Meet a legit famous person
-Do a session in every temple in Utah
-Kiss Randy under the Eiffel Tower
-Listen to Big Ben sing
-Visit Randy's mission
-Learn to speak Guyanese (or even just be able to understand it)
-spend a summer in a beach house in California
-Visit Sea World
-Play with penguins
-Learn how to cook
-Read the entire standard works
-Learn a new language
-Eat ice cream at Serendipity in New York.
-Start and stick with project 365
-Read all of Jane Austen's books.
-Ride and elephant
-Swim with dolphins
-Go to a Major League Baseball game
-Hike Pikes Peak
-Hike Mt. Timp
-See a Broadway play..on Broadway
-Develop a talent I didnt know I had
Well I think that is a pretty good list for now. We will have to see what the next 22 years hold in store for me.
I want to say thanks to all my family and friends who wished me happy birthday! I love you all and wouldn't have a complete life without you in it! xoxo
2 comments:
Happy late birthday!! How was it? I miss you. When will you be back in Rexburg? Love ya! You always inspire me.
Hey! Read the list! It's awesome!
The view from the top of Pikes Peak is incredible. Do that one this summer, ha ha. (It'd be hard after you're a mom).
Remember, 10 pages of the scriptures everyday will get those things read cover to cover.
Post a Comment