February 10, 2010

Thoughts from a high place


I'm sitting in one of my favorite building on campus, the Ricks, right now I love this building for the view it has. Rexburg is a very small town; and from the Ricks I can see all of Rexburg and then some. Its a good place to study and think. While I was taking a break from studying the bones of the body, I popped over to Jo's blog to look at her pictures and see what was new. Jo's blog makes me wish I was better at blogging. Anyway, Jo has what she calls her "Monday Musings." I loved the idea, so I am stealing it from her, except mine will be more like Wednesday or Thursday Musings; since I have no time on Mondays. So here are my musings for the week.

-I am so happy I am less then a week away from hitting my half way mark with school. This semester has seemed to drag on. I am learning so much though. I have pushed myself really hard this semester, and it will all either pay off in a big way or blow up in my face, either way it has been an amazing learning experience.

- I have realized that I hate living with girls!! I love Brenna and Laura, don't get me wrong, there just comes a time that living with girls (any girl) becomes too much. This last week I have wanted to wring more than one of my roommates neck. Girls are just mean! And when that time of the month comes around some girls become even more mean! I can not wait till I no longer have to live with girls!

- Laser tag is more fun then I remember it being. For FHE this Monday, my stand in husband, James, decided we should play laser tag. I was not jazzed about the idea, but I couldn't come up with a better one so I agreed. It wasn't an epic event, and I would probably not do it over and over again. But I enjoyed it, and I was pretty good!

-I am learning new things about ice every day. For some unknown reason our heater was cranked up to 85 Monday night. I was dying in my room, so I opened my window a crack then went to bed. Around 4:30 am I woke up freezing! I reached up to my window to close it, only to discover that it was frozen open!! I gave up, piled the blankets on and fell back to sleep. In the morning when I woke up I investigated the problem. to my amazement I found my window completely covered in ice, and not a thin layer even. I had to pick away at the ice to get my window closed! Later that day I agreed to take my friend Doug to the store, I went out to my car to turn it on and let it warm up. It too was covered in ice, so I turned on the defroster and went back inside. When i went to get in my car 10 minutes later I made another shocking discovery. there wasn't just ice on the outside of my car, no, there was a thick sheet of ice on the inside of my car too! There is just something not right about having to scrape the inside of your car off!

-Im surviving up here! Somedays I really dont know how I am doing, but I know a lot of it has to do with prayer, pure determination, and of course hours of talking on the phone with Randy. :) I am not only surviving, but Im learning! I got an A- on my anatomy test a few weeks ago! I was pretty dang proud of myself!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Yeah, I find myself scraping the inside of my car as well. Only in Rexburg! The things we learn about survival here, ha ha. Well I love you.

Jari said...

Homegirl, one day you're going to pop girls out of your body and then you'll have to live with them all over again. But, at least you can train those ones to act the way you want them to.

Randall said...

Well lets hope that we have a girl. Boys tend to run in my family and personally I'm looking forward to living with a girl in June granted I'll be married to her. Love ya Sweets!