
I have been thinking for a few weeks how I should start this particular post and I have to admit nothing seems to sound just right. Which is funny because all it takes are two simple words. Two amazing words that changed our world almost two months ago. I'm pregnant. Randy and I will be parents next year! Our due date in February 18,2012.
I had a sneaky suspicion I might be at the end of May. I was really anxious and excited to take a pregnancy test. I took about four actually! I took one right at the start of June but it was unclear so I took one the next day and the next day they were all unclear and I was getting more and more anxious. Finally a week after taking my first test I took two the same day and they both showed up positive right away.
Now before a few of you get your undies in a wad about my secrets post. When I originally posted the secrets post I didn't know I was pregnant, so my pregnancy was never part of the secrets I had to share.
There were a few complications and worries right at the start of the pregnancy so my doctor had me go in for two ultrasounds. The first was mostly black, you could see where there was the start of a sack but that was about it. Then on July 5 we went back in, it was amazing to see how much our baby had grown in just three weeks. Not only could we see a little fetus but we could hear its little heart beat.
I have never been so amazed by a sound in my entire life.Its heart was beating 145 beats per minute, soooo fast. Our little raspberry has had us wrapped around its little fingers from that point on.
Now that I am just a week away from the end of my first trimester I cant hold in my excitement anymore. I have been dying to tell everyone for a few weeks now.
Today I had my first appointment with my doctor. She checked me out and did another ultrasound. Everything is going great! Our little baby is growing and developing every day.Today's ultrasound pictures are not as clear as our last one but I think the more I look at them the more I can see the baby.
This one shows the baby at the bottom in between the two little plus signs. It is about an inch and a half right now. In the ultrasound today it showed the baby as only 10 weeks 2 days when it should be 10 weeks 4 days, but the doctor said that depending on where the baby is it will fluctuate a little bit.
This was the baby's heart beat today 175 BPM.I honestly could fall asleep to this sound, it brings me so much peace.
I am overwhelmed by all the feelings I have about this pregnancy. I am still a little shell shocked, I wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was just dreaming I was pregnant. I am so excited and happy about becoming a mom. It came as a surprise to us and was definitely not something we were planing on for a few more years but I know that Heavenly Father wants this baby here and will provide for us. Randy is over the moon excited about becoming a dad. He has been so attentive and loving to me, even when these crazy pregnancy hormones get the best of me and I get super grumpy and mean.
I'm so excited you all know now! I will keep you updated on all the baby news.
8 comments:
Congrats misty and randy...youre baby is lucky to have you two for parents! Love you both!
ConGraTulAtioNs!! So exciting :)
Congrats again, and again, and again. We are soooo excited to have another grandchild!!! You and Randy are going to be great parents. Thanks for the detailed blog posting. Love you, mom & Mike
YAY YAY YAY! haha! congrats! :) i find it a little funny that everyone thought your 'suprise' was you were preggo and you didn't know you were, and you actually are! :D yay! haha i can't wait to read allll about it!
misty! congratulations! i am so excited for you and randy. can't wait for more updates!
That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you and hope the rest of the pregnancy goes great :) Congratulations
Thanks everyone for your love and excitement!
misty i am so so excited for you! (and i'm kind of jealous haha) can't wait to hear more about your baby!
Post a Comment