November 10, 2009

The Best Day Ever!

Well I know I should apologize for not updating for a month. But things have been so crazy busy since I last updated, there is so much I should share, but I know a majority of you only want the newest and greatest news. Well, I'm engaged! YAY!!! Randy proposed this last Saturday morning. I cant even begin to explain how happy I am to be engaged to my best friend.
So here is how it happened:
Randy worked a 12 hour shift Friday night into Saturday morning and was exhausted. We were going shopping Saturday afternoon, so he asked me if I would come wake him up since he would sleep through his alarm. I went over to his house at about 11 a.m. I woke him up and he quickly jumped into the shower. I waited patiently while he got ready for the day, I even picked out his clothes for the day. ( Are you loving the step by step story?) As he was just about to be ready to go he called to me from his bedroom and told me he had gotten me cookies from Ben's Cookies. (BEST cookies ever made, sold at Gateway.) I went into his room and looked inside the box; Randy has given me cookies before so this wasn't too out of the normal, he also always leaves me little notes in the box. So I opened the box to read my note. Pause for a side note...
SIDE NOTE: Randy and I have an inside thing when we say that we love the other person. We turn to them and say, "I must love you, or something."
Un-pause.... I look at my note and it says, "This is the "or something part...." I of course don't get the note at all and stand there for a second trying to figure it out; then as I'm standing there Randy turns me around. And there he is on one knee looking determined and nervous. I was totally surprised and started to shake. He said some beautiful things which neither one of us remembers, but I cried. Then he said those four little words, will you marry me? And I couldn't help myself I had to kiss him. So I picked him up, kissed him good and hard, and then hugged him. I continued to hug him till he informed me I needed to say yes and put the ring on my finger. That's it! That is my beautiful engagement story! The ring was everything I could ever want. Randy did a very good job in designing it all by himself.
I want to thank all of you for your excitement and congratulations for us. We couldn't be happier. We have picked June 4, 2010 for our wedding day, we will be married in the Salt Lake Temple for all eternity. Again we couldn't be any more happy!




8 comments:

Randall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randall said...

I love ya Sweets! It was the best day ever! (aww moment) and your the best thing in my life. Our story is awesomely cute B the W for anyone who's wondering.

Anony said...

aww yay! Congratulations!!

John-Maren Goodman said...

Hey Misty, HOLY COW!~ I knew he was something special when I met him at the movies!~ You two are a super cute couple! So exciting, and congratulations! PS this is maren by the way. Meggan's friend

Ann Barlow said...

Way to go Randy!! I don't think there's a better way than with Ben's (after all, I introduced them to Misty:) Congrats to you both! Love ya Misty Claire!

Natalie said...

I am so glad he did it and I dont have to hear about how is going to propose anymore. (He has been quite excited for some time and we have talked about several purposal scenerios)
We love you and think you are the greatest thing that could have ever happened to Randy. Thanks for taking him off our hands :)

Lindsey Buck said...

Hey Misty! I am so happy for you! You guys are totally cute together (from the pictures I've seen) and that ring is gorgeous! Keep the updates here, it's way exciting!

The De Young's said...

hey girl congratulations i didn't know you had a blog it was so fun to read about your engagement!!!Now i can keep updated on your life more:) well hope to hear from you good luck with all the wedding planning! Your ring is gorgeous