If you know me, you know I am a worrier. I stress about things I have no control over and things that are far far in the future. So of course I have been stressing about the fact that we have a lease that goes until the end of September and Randy could be moving out of the state anytime after May. Two weeks ago we were having a discussion about what to do when Randy gets promoted and we start throwing around ideas of how to get through our lease and all. I mention that my Grandma Whitmore's basement apartment is empty and maybe we could move in there in May while we wait to hear about the job. The more we thought about it, the more moving now would be really beneficial for not only us but for my Grandma and Mom. My mom is amazing, she takes care of her mom with all her needs. But my mom is going in for a hysterectomy and double mastectomy in the middle of March. She will be recovering for quite a few months and has been worried about how she could rest and let her body heal and take care of her mom. With us living in the basement my mom will be able to relax and my Grandma will know someone is with her if she needs anything. It is a win, win, win! YES!!
Of course this means that we are moving out not even 6 months after moving in! We haven't even settled in all the way yet.
For the last week and a half I have been packing. I have been packing two different ways. See the new apartment is a lot smaller than the one we are in now, so I have to pack long term and short term. Long term boxes are going in storage and short term boxes are going to the apartment with us.
On top of my worrying I am also super anal about organization. Since we have to put things in storage I have to know where everything is, so each time I pack a box for storage I have to write down everything that goes in the box, then I have to give that box a number. This way if I need something for the kitchen I can go to my excel page and find which box its in! Ta-da! I'm a genius. Yes, Randy says this is a bit extreme but I know it will save me a lot of frustration later this year. Because lets face it I will need something that I thought "oh, I wont need that." :)
Our house is an organized mess. There are things everywhere and I am a
1 comment:
You amaze me! Let me know if you need any help at all, seriously! I can always come up and help pack. And is your mom doing okay?
Post a Comment