June 9, 2011

Our Awesome Anniversary

One year ago my fairy tale life started with one word, "Yes". It was the best day of my life. Randy and I were married at 10:30 am in the Salt Lake Temple. I honestly dont remember a thing about our ceremony; I know I cried and cried and cried (out of joy, of course.) The Spirit that was there in the temple was overwhelming and beautiful.
I honestly dont know how I survived 21 years with out Randy. He is my best friend and the only person I know I can truly rely on.
One year of marriage has gone by pretty fast I think. We have learned a lot about life and each other in the past 12 months, and I know we have a zillion more things to learn in the next 100 years together; I cant wait to see what they bring our way!
As for our Anniversary Celebration we did it with style!
It started with a three hour drive down to Cedar last Thursday night. We got to Jen and Carl's house around 2:30am Friday morning. We slept in till about 9am and then got up for the day. Our first stop was the St. George Temple to do sealings. I am so grateful Jen suggested we do this, it was a great reminder of the covenants we made to each other.
After the temple we went to lunch at Larson's Frostop.

They had really yummy hamburgers and amazing shakes!
After lunch we hit the road and headed down to Vegas. Randy got us awesome rooms at a Hampton Inn that was a few miles off the Strip. After we got checked in and cleaned up a little bit we went to see X-Men First Class at the Palms

Randy was very excited and was even more excited to see this Green Lantern Poster.
After the movie we went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner at Caesar's Palace.

We took pictures by the water fountain while we waited.
The next day we slept in late and went to breakfast in the lobby. Once we ate we decided to go walk the Strip a little bit. I wanted to go to the Wynn so I could try on a Philip Treacy Hat. *For those of you who dont know who he is, well you should! hehe He designs the most amazing hats, a lot of them were worn for the Royal Wedding. I loved that hat I tried on, I really wish I could have taken a picture of it but the shop owner said "no." He helped me put the hat on after I put it on backwards! I guess that just goes to show I am not the kinda girl who buys $1,300 on hats!

The picture is a little small but this hat is really similar to the one I tried on. It made me feel like a princess if only for a few minutes!
After Philip Treacy we walked the Strip and around the Wynn, I had never been in that casino but I really liked it.

These pictures are right out side the Wynn at their restaurant Riverside.
After that we drove over to Planet Hollywood to eat at Earl of Sandwich! I am so glad we have one of these on our side of the America. Jari introduced Randy and I to these amazing sandwiches while we were in Florida earlier this year.

After our fun filled morning we headed back to the hotel to take a short nap and get ready for our show! When we walked into our room I was surprised to find a beautiful bouquet of Gerber's from Randy. He really does spoil me!

Randy got us this great dinner package that went with Phantom of the Opera. It was a French restaurant called Pinot Brasserie. The food was really good, but the portions were a little small.


After dinner we headed to the theater to find our seats. Jen is constantly cold and for some reason she forgot to grab a jacket, so I asked the usher if there was a blanket or something we could buy to keep warm. The usher thought about it for a second and then said she didn't think so but maybe she could do some seat switching and get us closer to the stage where it is a little warmer! Yeah that's right we went from the back of the theater to being only eleven rows from the front of the stage. Phantom was amazing, we loved every moment of it.


Phantom was great and I would have been perfectly happy to go home after that, but the boys decided to give us even more! It started with a good 45 minutes of non stop laughter while we drove down the Strip in search of parking to get ice cream. This really took forever and mostly because I kept giving the wrong directions. Finally Jen had to clap her hands over my mouth and tell the boys to just drive. heheh
Once we figured out where we needed to be we parked and started walking, our destination was Serendipity!!

I was so excited to get a famous yummy sundae!

Jen got a cookie sundae and I got fried oreo sundae! The fried oreo's were not so great but the ice cream was amazing!! The bowls were HUGE I couldn't even eat half of it!

After Serendipity we went home. We were all so exhausted from our long weekend we crashed hard. Randy and I slept in till 10 the next morning which is completely unheard of! We headed for home that afternoon, I was so happy with our weekend! Everything was perfect! Thank you so so much honey for the amazing Anniversary! It was all I ever wanted and more! Jen and Carl thank you so much for coming with us, the weekend would not have been quite as fun without you!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

love this. you guys are adorable! and that sundae is making my mouth water.

ps...i'm dying to know this secret of yours..

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a great time :) I just told Scott next time we're in Vegas, we've got to get directions from you for Serendipity--YUM!